Adding a custom pin it button to WordPress is easier than you think! Today I’m sharing a plug-in that allows you to use any image and convert it into a Pinterest pin it button for your website. This is an awesome way to keep all of your website on-brand, and it’s a great opportunity to have some fun with your website. When I’m working on web design project for clients, I often find that it’s the small details that can make a website look professional. By using cohesive branding elements throughout your website, you too can have a professional look and feel!
Step One: Create or Find Your Pin It Button
First up, you need to come up with what you want your custom pin it button to look like! There’s three options for this,
- You can design and create your own pin it button in Canva
- You can use one of the pre-existing Pinterest logo’s in Canva, and edit it to use your brand colours
- You can go to a website like Etsy or Creative Market, and purchase a social media icon bundle that includes Pinterest
Step Two: Download The Plug-In
Log into your WordPress dashboard, and go to Plugins > Add New. Search for “jQuery Pin It Button For Images” by Marcin Skrzypiec. Install the plug-in, and activate it.
Step Three: Configure The Plug-In
Lastly, you need to upload your custom pin it button and configure the settings.
Some things to consider in your settings:
- What size do you want your pin it button to be?
- Will is appear at all times? Or just when you hover over a photo?
- Will the button appear in the middle of pictures? Or the top right corner?
- Will the pin it button appear on all pages and posts?